Trade and Industry

Showing results 1411 to 1420 of 1460
Voluntary Warden Service
photograph

Voluntary Warden Service

Museum Ref No: F1e_0001
Group of A.R.P. wardens outside the Civic Centre, Poole, World War Two
Photograph
W.A. Willis showroom, Broadstone
photograph

W.A. Willis showroom, Broadstone

Museum Ref No: AH_WA_Willis_Showroom_Interior_Broadstone
Print of a postcard which reads "A View of showrooms, one minute from Broadstone Station". From the Andrew Hawkes collection.
Photograph
W.A. Willis showroom, Broadstone
photograph

W.A. Willis showroom, Broadstone

Museum Ref No: AH_WA_Willis_Showroom_Interior_3_Broadstone
Print of an advertising postcard which reads "A view of showroom, one minute from Broadstone Station". From the Andrew Hawkes collection.
Photograph
W.A. Willis showroom, Broadstone
photograph

W.A. Willis showroom, Broadstone

Museum Ref No: AH_WA_Willis_Showroom_Exterior_Broadstone
Print reads "View of new showrooms, one minute from Broadstone Station." From the Andrew Hawkes collection.
Photograph
W.H. Hunt Bible and Book Warehouse
photograph

W.H. Hunt Bible and Book Warehouse

Museum Ref No: F5a_0014
Picture of the printer's W.H. Hunt, Bible and Book Warehouse; part of an advert; two women standing outside store; stationery, books in window 1890-1910
Photograph
W.J.Stevens corn stores
photograph

W.J.Stevens corn stores

Museum Ref No: F5a_0013
W.J. Stevens, corn stores; photo of postcard; men, one with apron, standing outside shop and man holding horse on right
Photograph
W.R Wetton shoe shop
photograph

W.R Wetton shoe shop

Museum Ref No: F5a_0032
W.R. Wetton shoe shop in Ashley Road; William Wetton and his niece, Louise Kelley, outside shop, c.1920
Photograph
Warehouse
photograph

Warehouse

Museum Ref No: F6_0027
Derelict warehouse, unknown location. From the Ernest Bristowe collection.
Photograph
Water polo
photograph

Water polo

Museum Ref No: Batting/Box 10/Unboxed slides/No.1 Quay waterpolo
Water polo between the quays. Coal transporter on Hamworthy Quay. (Batting photograph)
Photograph
Water supply
photograph

Water supply

Museum Ref No: F1j_0002
The early 19th century clay drinking water pipe found on the site of the Telephone Exchange; but an earlier type of watermain, a hollowed tree trunk, was found in 1958 in West Shore Road. These pipes had in turn conveyed drinking water from the well which formerly stood at Tatnam. The Borough still holds a charter from Henry VIII dated 1542 granting the right to use this well, a photo of which is shown. Few houses could boast a piped supply and many were supplied by a water cart. Others depended upon pumps, notably those at Tropp's Corner and the Quay opposite the Town Cellars.
Photograph